June 08, 2018
Soma Nomaoi Festival & Tsunami Recovery Tour
★July 29, 2018★
This year, there is a chance to join a guided bus tour of one of the most thrilling festivals in Japan - the Soma Nomaoi Festival!
The festival features horseback samurai reenacting 1,000 year-old traditions.
This 1-day tour, taking place on July 29, departs from Fukushima Station, includes going to see festival events & a visits to areas of Soma affected by the tsunami.
Tour Details Flyer: https://www.f-kankou.jp/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/tour-nomaoi2018.pdf
- 8:00 Meet at Fukushima Station West Exit Bus Terminal
- 8:15 Departs Fukushima Station
- 11:00-14:30 Soma Nomaoi Festival (incl. Kacchu Keiba (Armed Horse Race) and Shinki Sodasusen (Sacred Flag Competition))
- 16:00-17:30 Soma Recovery Tour (See areas of Soma that have recovered from the tsunami, visit Road Station Soma)
- 19:00 Estimated Arrival at Fukushima Station
★Limited Edition Soma Nomaoi Bandana
★English and Japanese Tour Guides
★Note: Lunch is not included. Food stalls are available at the festival, or you can order an optional bento lunch. (If you wish to order the bento lunch please select the option when applying for the tour.)
Cost: 8,500 yen (Optional bento lunch +1000 yen)
Application Deadline: July 17, 2018
Application Form: https://req.qubo.jp/fukushima/form/ZI5YZXl7
If you have any questions please contact the Fukushima City Tourism & Convention Association via the contact information on https://fukushima-guide.jp/
Soma Nomaoi Homepage: http://soma-nomaoi.jp/en/top-page/
June 11, 2018
Soma Nomaoi Festival 2018
June 08, 2018
Soma Nomaoi Festival & Tsunami Recovery Tour July 29, 2018
March 29, 2018
Iwaki City has published a new travel information brochure in English and Thai!
February 23, 2018
Fukushima’s Cherry Blossom Forecast: